- Party Resort
- Short Transfer
- Large ski area (270 km)
At a glance
Saalbach – Hinterglemm Ski Holidays, Austria
“Vast ski area, great après-ski and an ultra-modern lift system”
The Ski Circus Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang-Fieberbrunn is one of the most extensive and modern ski areas in Europe and offers an impressive 270 kilometres of piste. It is also lift-linked with Zell am See-Kaprun with the ‘Ski Alpin Card’ covering over 400 kilometres of piste.
Saalbach and Hinterglemm, just four kilometres up the valley, have plenty of Hotel options and enjoy an excellent reputation for lively après-ski, nightlife and wonderful mountain restaurant huts.
On the Mountain
Whether beginners, blue run cruisers, mileage monsters or powder-hunting freeriders, the vast Ski Circus is one of those resorts that really does offer something for everyone. The link with Fieberbrunn has bolted on a freeride playground, the lift link to Zell am See-Kaprun has extended the lift pass coverage to over 400 kilometres of piste and new lifts are built every winter.
For beginners, the nursery slopes are conveniently located directly above the resort centres of Saalbach and Hinterglemm within walking distance of most hotels.
Intermediate skiers could not ask for more: A huge network of blue and red runs run up both sides of the valley and there are nine lift access points along the valley which is served by a free ski bus service. A number of Circuits around the area are well-signposted and the local App offers excellent tour suggestions.
Advanced and expert skiers will love the steep blacks on the north-facing slopes and the recent link to snowy Fieberbrunn has opened up some fantastic off-piste freeride routes. Get a guide.
To complete your experience, there are some wonderful rustic mountain huts with panoramic sun terraces where the level of competition keeps the quality high, the service keen and the prices refreshingly low.
Off the Mountain
Après-ski is very lively in Saalbach and Hinterglemm with a wide choice of bars at the bottom of the slopes and in resort. The Hinterhagalm draws the crowds from 3pm in Saalbach while the goat-themed (!) Goasstall is the après-ski haunt of choice in Hinterglemm. Both resorts offer late night bars, lounges and nightclubs.
Also on offer is tobogganing, sleigh rides, ice skating, bowling and floodlit night skiing.
Insider Guide :: Resort Highlights
- Savour a beer at Europe’s highest Brewing Museum, the Asitz Brau at the top of Leogang
- Enjoy Spring Skiing in style with a Free Festival of DJ’s, live music, gourmet events and alpine lifestyle – White Pearl Mountain Days
- Get route suggestions & make the most of this vast area by downloading the Explorer App
- Take a coffee (or glühwein) break at the rustic Pfefferalm above Hinterglemm
- Love spring skiing, hate slush? On warmer days, hit the south-facing (‘right’ side) of the valley in the morning
- Head on over to Leogang for long valley descents and lunch at one of our favourites ‘Die Alte Schmiede’ or check out the Hendl Fischerei Mountain Club
- Hit the Snowpark – one for every ability (honest)
- Ask a local for their Mountain Restaurant tips – the choice is huge!