COVID-19 TRAVEL INSURANCE
Many Travel Insurance companies are no longer providing cover for COVID-19 related disruption to travel plans so it is good to see a couple of providers stepping forward and offering cover against cancellation, medical treatment and additional travel costs as a result of COVID-19. If you are considering purchasing travel insurance, please ensure if meets your requirements.
Holiday Extras Covid-19 travel insurance
Prior to the 3rd August, there was no cover in respect of cancellation claims as a result of COVID-19. Holiday extras are now able to offer cover for customers if they contract COVID-19 and therefore have to cancel their trip.
What are customers covered for in respect of COVID-19? (Available on Gold, Platinum policies, Gold cruise and Cruise medical)
- Cancellation if you, a family member or travel companion contracts COVID-19 prior to travelling (subject to a positive test result, 2 weeks prior to the start date of the trip; unless a secondary medical issue arises (e.g. pneumonia).
- Repatriation if required
- Cover for emergency medical treatment abroad, should you contract Covid-19, as long as you have not travelled against the advice of the FCO.
- Cover for additional travel and accommodation costs if the customer is discharged from hospital but medically unable to return home immediately
- Costs for one other person to stay with the customer, or to travel to the customer from the UK and accompany them home
- Travel costs to or from a hospital relating to your admission, discharge or attendance for outpatient treatment
- Travel costs to and from appointment, or for the collection of medication prescribed for you by the hospital and the cost of additional food and drink
Allianz Assistance also offers Covid-19 Travel Insurance and you can access the summary of cover and purchase online here >