- Short Transfer
- Ski weekends
- Large ski area (215 km)
At a glance
Kirchberg Ski Holidays, Austria
“Next door to Kitzbühel, same great ski area, excellent value”
Tucked around the corner from its more famous and fashionable neighbour Kitzbühel, Kirchberg is a popular ski resort in its own right and offers a great selection of Hotels, an excellent après-ski and nightlife scene and arguably easier access to the same ‘KitzSki’ Kitzbühel-Kirchberg ski area.
Prices are generally keener than Kitzbühel for Hotels, eating and drinking and the resort has a more informal feel than its glitzy neighbour just a few kilometres away by bus, train or taxi.
With a short airport transfer time, Kirchberg is an attractive choice for those looking to ski Kitzbühel without the price tag and attracts a younger, more relaxed clientele.
On the Mountain
Two new Gondolas (Fleckalmbahn and Maierlbahn) are served by the free ski bus from the resort centre and provide high speed access into the Kitzbühel ski area with over 200 kilometres of slopes, an impressive modern lift system and varied terrain to challenge all abilities.
Long, wide, sweeping red and blue runs drop down to Kirchberg and keen intermediates will enjoy the journey as far as Pass Thurn via Jochberg. There is also the option to connect to Westendorf (Ski Welt) via the Ki-West lift.
There are nursery slopes at the Gaisberg and Maierl lifts close to the resort centre as well as at the top of the Fleckalmbahn and no shortage of rustic huts and mountain restaurants in which to re-charge.
Off the Mountain
Apres-ski kicks off in atmospheric mountain huts on the home runs back to Kirchberg (Schneebar Oberkaser) and the picturesque, traditional resort centre has a good après-ski scene and good selection of shops, bars and restaurants. The Ice Bar is a popular Dutch après-ski haunt and the Fuchslochl and Der Tiroler cater for the late night crowd.
There is tobogganing, night skiing and ice climbing on the flood-lit Gaisberg mountain and more activities available in nearby Kitzbühel.
Insider Guide :: Resort Highlights
- Treat yourself to dinner at Simon Taxacher’s award-winning Restaurant Rosengarten, one of the very finest in Austria
- Dare to ski the infamous Streif - the Hahnenkamm World Cup Downhill descent in to Kitzbühel (family variation available!)
- Ski the local’s favourite run – Route 56, a quiet, undulating itinerary run at the back of Pengelstein which descends to Aschau
- Play James Bond for the night at Kitzbühel’s Casino
- End your skiing day in Kitzbühel and soak up the atmosphere and après-ski of this iconic ski town. Train or taxi back to Kirchberg
- Need more piste mileage? Add on Westendorf, the Ski Welt plus many more (2,780 km!) with the SuperSkiCard