- Short Transfer
- Ski weekends
- Great Value
At a glance
Fügen Ski Holidays, Austria
“Super short transfer to the Ziller Valley’s first resort”
Fügen is the first ski resort in the Ziller Valley and offers skiing locally (550-2,050 metres, 22 km piste) and in the Hochzillertal Ski Area (Hochfügen-Kaltenbach, 2,501 metres, 92 km piste).
Fügen is a decent-sized town with good quality Hotels, easy bus and train connections to Hochfügen-Kaltenbach and other resorts along the valley and is just 45 minutes from Innsbruck Airport.
Ideally suited to beginners and intermediates but with some excellent freeride terrain in Hochfügen and all of the Ziller Valley to explore, you’ll discover some of Austria’s finest mountain cuisine and huts here.
On the Mountain
Fügen’s ‘Spieljoch’ ski area is accessed via the new Spieljochbahn Gondola and offers gentle skiing on blues and easy reds with a couple of longer, more challenging descents including the 7-kilometre top-to-bottom run. There are rustic Tyrolean huts dotted around the mountain, a snow fun park and a 5-kilometre toboggan run from the top to mid-station.
For more mileage, hop on the regular ski bus to access Hochfügen-Kaltenbach where you can experience Hochfügen’s superb high-altitude freeride terrain and Kaltenbach’s wide open sun-bathed slopes. Make sure you check out the Wedelhutte and Kristallhutte!
You can also access the other main Ski Areas in the Ziller Valley which include the Zillertal Arena (Zell am Ziller, Gerlos and Koenigsleiten, 143 km of piste), Mayrhofen (139 km piste) and the snow-sure slopes of the Hintertux glacier.
Off the Mountain
At the foot of the slopes, the Spieljoch Stadl and Pizz Pub cater for the après-ski crowds and there is a good choice of bars and restaurants in town for later on including the popular Kosis Bar & Lounge for live music and DJ’s.
The resort’s swimming, sauna and adventure pool, Erlebnistherme, is well worth a visit and other activities include paragliding, winter hiking trails, ice-skating and tobogganing.
Insider Guide :: Resort Highlights
- Experience some of the best off-piste in the Zillertal on a powder day in Hochfügen
- Lunch at the Wedelhutte, Austria’s highest 5* Mountain Hut
- Take time out from skiing in Fügen to enjoy the 5.5 km toboggan run from top to mid-station
- Relax and unwind at the Erlebnistherme with its pool, saunas and waterslides
- Sample gourmet Italian food at the Albergo Restaurant & Sky Terrace, top of Kaltenbach
- Ponder when the 3-S Lift Connection from Onkeljoch (Fügen) to Wetterkreuzspitze (Kaltenbach) will finally get the green light!