Thinking of booking a ski holiday or ski weekend this Winter? Then take a look at our Top 10 early booking tips on why it pays to book early.
1. BETTER HOLIDAY AVAILABILITY
2. BEST PRICES and EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNTS
3. CHEAPER FLIGHTS
4. SKI WEEKEND AVAILABILITY
5. IT IS GOING TO SNOW!
6. TAKE MORE OF OUR TIME :: EXPERT ADVICE
7. HALF TERM FLIGHTS
8. LET US DO THE LEGWORK
9. RELAX – JOB DONE
10. FINANCIAL PROTECTION
1. BETTER AVAILABILITY Booking early = better availability. Hotels in ski resorts will and do book out especially in the high season and, the later you book, the more restricted your choice of hotels and resorts will be. By booking early, you can take your pick of the right hotels in the resort best matched to you and your party. If you are a larger group then now is the time of get booking before the hotels fill up. High season dates over Christmas, New Year and half term always book up quickly.
2. BEST PRICES and EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNTS We publish our preview prices in May and publish our main price guide in August. Our preview prices are generally cheaper than our main price guide as, like all tour operators, we like to have a good picture of our booking position by Autumn. Booking early gives the best prices. Austrian ski resort hotels are also keen to get a picture of their booking position well before the season and, for this reason, they often offer early booking discounts to tour operators for bookings made by the end of September (for example). We do pass these savings on to you when costing your holiday when booking early. We also offer £40 per couple of our brochured weekly package prices on all bookings made by the end of September.
3. CHEAPER FLIGHTS Flights to Salzburg, Innsbruck and Munich are cheaper the further in advance they are booked. We generally provide the transfer and accommodation element of your holiday to which we or you can add the flights. We do not operate charter flights and book flights on an ad hoc basis for our clients so, whether you are booking your flights with Snowscape or booking your own flights direct, the earlier you book, the better the fare. All of the low-cost carriers now have their winter schedules on sale.
4. SKI WEEKEND AVAILABILITY We have seen a huge growth in ski weekends and flexible breaks over the last few years. Unfortunately, for us and for you, ski weekend availability in Austria is limited. Most hotels (especially in the larger resorts) only take 7 night stays and we have a limited number of rooms and hotels where we can offer flexible stays. Supply of flexible short break accommodation in Austria quite simply does not meet demand and if you leave your ski weekend planning until January, it becomes very difficult for us to fulfill requests and it can be a case of ‘Sorry, booked out now’. Sorry, but our hands are tied!
5. FACT : IT IS GOING TO SNOW Every winter, it snows across the Alps and generally snows a lot with good conditions expected from mid-December to April. Resorts in Austria simply cannot afford to be empty and have invested millions of Euros in to their lift systems and snow-making so that, even in a lean snow year, you can enjoy great piste skiing as a bare minimum!
6. TAKE MORE OF OUR TIME :: USE OUR EXPERT ADVICE We are not simply an online search, click and book operator. We want to assist you as much as possible in choosing the week or weekend skiing best suited to you and your party and to ensure you come back to us again based on the service and added value we offer. In a seasonal business such as ours, January and February are peak times for managing and delivering our holidays and our time is at a premium. Book in the Autumn and take advantage of more of our time and expert knowledge and advice.
7. HALF TERM SKI HOLIDAY FLIGHTS :: 11-18 and 18-25 FEBRUARY 2017. Needless to say, demand for flights at this time of year is very high with weekend departures at a premium. The good news is we can offer flexible stays in some of our resorts with shorter stays of 3-5 nights which means you can avoid the higher weekend airfares. Again, hotel availability is limited and the earlier you book, the better the choice.
8. LET US DO THE LEGWORK Tired of trawling the internet searching for your dream ski holiday, clicking through to book and then finding the availability is not there or the price at checkout is not the same as you first thought? We’ll do the hard work for you and email you quotes matched to your requirements. You check the hotel links and we firm things up from there. Easy.
9. RELAX Book now, pay your deposit (£100 per person at the time of booking), sit back and look forward to hitting the mountains next winter! Job done.
10. FINANCIAL PROTECTION Your money is safe with Snowscape Ltd. We have been successfully providing ski holidays to Austria since 1999 and your money is 100% financially protected through our membership of the Travel Trust Association (TTA R711X) and our Air Tour Organiser’s license (ATOL T7099). We do hope this helps with your holiday planning.
For enquiries, advice and reservations, please click on 'Contact us' at the top of this page.